The recent remarks by the Tengku Mahktota Tengku Mahkota of Kelantan Tengku Mohammad Faris Petra Sultan Ismail Petra that the special rights and privileges of the Malays should not be questioned at his opening address at a Malay unity gathering which was held in conjunction with the Maulidur Rasul celebration at the Putra World Trade Centre in Kuala Lumpur on Saturday raised eyebrows. The recent GE results showed that the rakyat wanted equality but not double standard. How can he just read the text given to him without scanning through?
Kudos for MCA making a statement to reinterate its stand based on article 153Article 153(7) which states that nothing in this Article shall operate to deprive or authorise the deprivation of any person of any right or privilege,” in a statement by MCA President Ong Ka Ting.
Read more of the statement released in the STAR today and NST. All Malaysian by now should know their rights enshrined in the constitution. Please equip yourself with the knowledge.
After the 12th General Election, more and more people including politicians and political parties both Barisan National and Pakatan Rakyat DAP-PKR-PAS are looking for a solution to make Malaysia a better place, democratic ,fair and people are safe. With the internet boom, everyone is relying on Malaysiakini, MalaysiaToday, Rocky Bru and etc for alternative news to listened to the champions of rights voicing out. In fact we do not have to look far to rejuvenate. Just uphold the principles The Rukunegara or sometimes Rukun Negara (Malay for “National Principles”) is a philosophy and national ideology — the de facto Malaysian pledge of allegiance — was instituted by royal proclamation on Merdeka Day, 1970, in reaction to a serious race riot known as the May 13 Incident which occurred in 1969.(source from: Wikipedia)
For those young Malaysians which never heard this before, read below the rukun negara which is recited by students at the National school or sekolah kebangsaan every monday after singing the national anthem. So tell me where is the need to reinvent the wheel. come on wake up people!!! Let’s all unite together and uphold the principles and Malaysia is safe!
BAHAWASANYA NEGARA KITA MALAYSIA mendukung cita-cita hendak :
- mencapai perpaduan yang lebih erat di kalangan seluruh masyarakatnya ;
- memelihara satu cara hidup demokratik ;
- mencipta satu masyarakat adil di mana kemakmuran Negara akan dapat dinikmati bersama secara adil dan saksama ;
- menjamin satu cara liberal terhadap tradisi-tradisi kebudayaannya yang kaya dan berbagai corak ; dan
- membina satu masyarakat progresif yang akan menggunakan sains dan teknologi moden.
MAKA KAMI, rakyat Malaysia, berikrar akan menumpukan seluruh tenaga dan usaha kami untuk mencapai cita-cita tersebut berdasarkan atas prinsip-prinsip yang berikut :
- KEPERCAYAAN KEPADA TUHAN
- KESETIAAN KEPADA RAJA DAN NEGARA
- KELUHURAN PERLEMBAGAAN
- KEDAULATAN UNDANG-UNDANG
- KESOPANAN DAN KESUSILAAN
WHEREAS OUR COUNTRY MALAYSIA nurtures the ambitions of:
- achieving a more perfect unity amongst the whole of her society;
- preserving a democratic way of life;
- creating a just society where the prosperity of the country can be enjoyed together in a fair and equitable manner;
- guaranteeing a liberal approach towards her rich and varied cultural traditions; and
- building a progressive society that will make use of science and modern technology.
NOW THEREFORE WE, the people of Malaysia, pledge to concentrate the whole of our energy and efforts to achieve these ambitions based on the following principles:
- BELIEF IN GOD
- LOYALTY TO KING AND COUNTRY
- THE SUPREMACY OF THE CONSTITUTION
- THE RULE OF LAW
- COURTESY AND MORALITY
Our nation, Malaysia, being dedicated :
- to achieving a greater unity of all her peoples;
- to maintaining a democratic way of life;
- to creating a just society in which the wealth of the nation shall be equitably shared;
- to ensuring a liberal approach to her rich and diverse cultural traditions;
- to building a progressive society which shall be oriented to modern science and technology;
We, her peoples, pledge our united efforts to attain these ends guided by these principles:
- BELIEVE IN GOD
- LOYALTY TO KING AND COUNTRY
- UPHOLDING THE CONSTITUTION
- RULE OF LAW
- GOOD BEHAVIOUR AND MORALITY
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged BN, general election, internet, malaysia, malaysiakini, malaysiatoday, news, Pakatan rakyat DAP-PKR-PAS, personal, politics, rocky bru, thoughts, views
With everyone’s finger pointing at each other for the dismay performance of the BN at the last election, the dust are still not settled yet. Look at these people, they do not need to reinvent the wheel, but just to uphold the principles stated strongly in our constitution, Rukun Negara and love the country. Where’s the values and principles?
Of the BN coalition, the only party which i personally noticed that has principles and values despite being highly misunderstood and used as punching bag are none other than MCA itself. Take a look at this article that is written at MYLIVINGWALL by a MCA Youth Leader that speaks out loud and clear on his viewpoint. This should be the way our political arena should go, speak from the heart and not the emotions.
In the latest update news from the STAR online, former premier Tun Mahathir continues to unleash his criticism saying that it will help UMNO and in response to allegation by several UMNO leaders that he was providing ‘ammunition’ for the opposition to destroy the party. While Tengku Razaleigh continues to mount pressure against PM Badawi.
Hmmm, it seems like more finger-pointing and blaming from all quarters on the failure of UMNO to regain its supremacy after 50 years in strong power. I wonder do they really think straight? or is there a hidden agenda? come on, the rakyat needs a clean, democratic government and not a bunch of fools. They have forgotten all these boils down to dissatisfaction done by their civil servants and make the rakyat frustrated with all the arrogance shown by their reps. Wake up and clean your act and make sure policies are properly executed and implemented for the benefit of rakyat without bias.
In the weeks to come, expect Pak Lah to come under fire while the Pakatan Rakyat continues to enjoy their new victories at the five states, Selangor, Penang, Kelantan, Kedah & Perak. Let’s see whether the Pakatan Rakyat by DAP-PKR-PAS fulfils their election promise and not just a marriage of convenience to get power. The rakyat Malaysia does not like to be cheated.